The Domaine du Chapitre agricultural estate, located in Villeneuve-lès-Maguelone, is a teaching and experimental platform specialized in vine growing and wine production. Its activities are based on two complementary approaches to agriculture: agro-ecology and digital agriculture.
Missions: produce, train, experiment, promote & host
The Domain du Chapitre is a teaching and experimental platform specialized in vine growing and wine production serving students, researchers and socio-economic stakeholders such as companies, farmers and local authorities. Its activities include:
Main teaching activities
Home to the Mas Numérique project, which brings together a dozen companies providing material and know-how to demonstrate the added value of digital solutions intended for Mediterranean agriculture. This project participates in the Domaine du Chapitre’s initial and advanced training activities.
Tutorials for students at the Institute for Higher Education in Vine and Wine (IHEV):
Training programmes for INRA and Montpellier SupAgro staff.
"Tailor-made" professional training programmes for companies.
Main experimental activities
• Staff: 7 agents including 2 from Montpellier SupAgro and 5 from INRA
• Agricultural area: 135 ha of which 105 ha utilized agricultural area, consisting of 15 blocks
• 35 ha of restructured vineyards, 1400 hl of wine produced, half of which in the cellars of the estate, 40,000 bottles and 3,000 wine casks sold in the wine cellar
• 5 hectares of olive groves with 5,000 trees in a high density system with a mechanized harvest. 2,000 litres of extra virgin oil produced per year under the "Oil of France" label.
• 55 ha of durum wheat, rapeseed and chickpeas in dry systems
• 35 ha clustered in 2 blocks (Bas-Rhône) could accommodate irrigated crops
• Revenue: over €400,000 per year.
Domaine du Chapitre
170 Boulevard du Chapitre