Engineering Master Degree - Semesters 7 & 8 - Master of Science 1
M.Sc 1 – deepening and broadening
Update : 09/15/2020
The second year of the engineering program is composed of two semesters. In the first (S7), students choose between three pre-specializations to deepen their knowledge, in the second (S8), they are invited to either individualize their knowledge or broaden their perspectives by choosing between seven specializations and academic mobility.
What type of training ?
|une formation diplômante, sous statut étudiant|
For who ?
|étudiant titulaire d'un diplôme français, étudiant international|
The objective of this semester is to:
One pre-specialization to choose from:
The objective of semester 8 is to:
Students have a choice between seven specializations (tracks) and academic mobility at a partner university and the course.
• Prepare for a specialization within the agrifood industry
• Discover food systems
• Understand the sustainability of food systems
• Acquire knowledge about processing techniques
• Understand the diverse approaches to agroecology
• Know the processes on which it is based
• Build / support the agroecological transition
• Understand issues, needs
• Know the techniques used and implement them in concrete cases
• Identify the actors in the field and their activities
• Develop a global vision of environmental data management
• Deepen knowledge/skills in the field of plant sciences
• Experiment with new ways of learning
• Know the potential of Montpellier's scientific community
• Work in an applied biology profession within the agricultural sector
• Develop sustainable development concepts, its assessment and implementation in businesses and territories
• Obtain a National Oenology Diploma (DNO)
• Sector approach: in-depth training in viticulture, oenology and economics
• Know vines, understand how they work, optimize their cultivation
• Master the transformation of grapes into wine
• Know the economics and the regulation of the sector
• Prepare for the development professions in countries of the “South”, in agriculture and in the agrifood industry.
Take the opportunity to attend courses at a partner university abroad.